Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Ellers are Repatriating

This post is difficult for me to write. Bob's contract ends in March and while we were hoping there would be budget to extend until the kids finished the school year that will not be the case. So, the kids and I plan to repatriate late January or early February in time to start the second semester of school in Texas. Bob & Missy will follow in March.

While, I'm eager to return to my family, friends and the convenience of life in the USA, I'm also really sad to be leaving Korea. I've become close to some really special people and have niched out a life that seems simple but is very fulfilling. Living overseas is extremely difficult but also extremely rewarding.

I'm very thankful our family had this opportunity and grateful to the people who helped us along the way. There are many of you but I would like to give heartfelt thanks to Tammy Duke, Lori Morin, Amy Edgell, Pam & Karl Sapienza, Isabelle & Tage Carlson, Allen Maresh, ST Kim, Eun Young & Peter Stiles, Lori & Gary Krueger and Hang & Ha Vo.

I don't really know what will happen with my blog but I plan to keep posting for now. I am looking forward to one more trip to Osan and Seoul before boarding that plane.

No comments: