Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Good Day

While most of you are just waking on Christmas morning our day is over and everyone is tucked in for the evening. We had a very quiet but great day together. Little Lauren's excitement was so beautiful. It started last night when we were tucking her in bed. She would say "Santa, is coming right now Mommy!" with such joy. Of course, she was the first one up and I could hear her saying "he came, he came and then running to wake her big sister up before running to my room to wake us. Little ones make the season so magical, just watching them is a gift.



It was a very simple little Christmas here in Korea. We were able to talk with our parents on the phone. It's sometimes hard knowing everyone else is together but we will be home very soon and knowing that helps. The kids spent the day playing with their new toys/gadgets, Bob was technical support and I cooked.



I couldn't find a turkey or ham so a traditional meal was out of the question. We substituted roast chicken and although I admit I didn't feel very good about serving the scrawny little birds everyone seemed satisfied . I have not been able to find a big chicken here they are all so small I have to buy at least two. About cooking in Korea, I've had a bit of bad cooking karma this season. I have a gas stove here just like in the states. However, at home, the gas is pumped to you continuously as long as you pay the bill. Here, I have two tanks behind the house. How do I know when I run out of gas? When I open my oven door and find my turkey or chicken has goose bumps and my oven is cold. Yes, it happened on both holidays this year! So, on Thanksgiving I had to bother ST, who then called the gas guy to come give us a refill. Today, thankfully, the spare was full because ST is in Japan and I have no idea how to contact or communicate with the gas company!..

Well, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We are thinking of you!

No comments: